The main benefits of massage therapy
Updated: Dec 28, 2021
There are many benefits of massage therapy; here is a list of the main benefits.
- Massage helps with your lymphatic system, which can help with anxiety attacks, high blood pressure, asthma, and heart problems.
- It helps detoxify the body by draining fluid retention. That will lead to an increase in metabolism that can increase weight loss.
- Helps relaxes the muscles, decrease muscle soreness and stiffness from exercise or working out at the gym.
- Decreases levels of stress hormones, including cortisol which leads to memory impairment, depression, and weight gain because high cortisol has been shown to cause people to eat more food due to low serotonin levels. In short, it increases appetite.
- Increases serotonin levels - this will create a happier state of mind and help treat depression and anxiety.
- Relieves headaches by increasing blood flow to the brain and increasing serotonin levels.
- Increases oxytocin which is known as the bonding hormone and love hormone. It increases trust and relaxation and decreases fear and stress. That can help reduce social anxiety and shyness.
- Helps with chronic fatigue syndrome by increasing energy - studies show that massage sessions improve energy levels in people suffering from CFS.